Intern - Civil Engineering / Land Development
The application deadline is December 31, 2017. Resumes will be reviewed and interview will take place in January 2018. Offers will be extended on or before February 28, 2018. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Merrick & Company is seeking a college or graduate school Civil Engineering student for a paid summer internship for Summer 2018 for our Charlotte, NC office. The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August.
The summer internship will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of civil engineering. The intern will be exposed to a variety of civil engineering items including storm drainage, site, roadway and utility design.
The position requires the collaboration with other disciplines, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Merrick does not pay relocation fees or provide a living stipend.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D preferred
- Must be currently enrolled and entering junior year or higher of undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in grad school
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Students who have recently graduated will not be considered.
- Students actively pursuing a Civil Engineering degree with a Structural emphasis will not be considered.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and facilities
- Comfortably climb or descend short hills by foot and walk/stand on uneven ground.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
- Some work is outside and worker will be subject to weather environments that vary significantly with occasional travel to client facilities and project sites is required.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.