Intern - Electrical or Architectural Engineering – Facilities Design
The application deadline is January 30, 2018. Resumes will be reviewed in February 2018. Interviews will take place in February 2018 and offers will be extended approximately March 15, 2018.
Merrick & Company is seeking a college or graduate school Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with electrical emphasis student, for a paid summer internship for Summer 2018 for our Greenwood Village, CO office. The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August.
The summer internship will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of facility electrical engineering. The intern will be exposed to a variety of electrical engineering experiences and tasks including, but not limited to facility electrical power, lighting, grounding, fire detection, lightning protection, communication systems, the LEED certification process, sustainable buildings, and renewable energy design.
The position requires the collaboration with other disciplines, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Merrick does not pay relocation fees nor provide a living stipend.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
· Knowledge of Revit preferred
· Knowledge of lighting design software (AGI-32, eLum Tools) preferred
· Knowledge of power distribution design software (PowerTools, Easy Power) preferred
· Knowledge of facility electrical and lighting design and/or power system design
· Must be currently enrolled and entering junior year or higher of undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in grad school
· Must be pursuing an engineering degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an electrical emphasis from an A.B.E.T. accredited university
· GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
· Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
Students who have recently graduated will not be considered.
· The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.