Civil Water Engineer III –Surface Water/Urban Stormwater Engineering
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Engineer III with Surface Water/Urban Stormwater Engineering experience to join our growing Infrastructure team. The position will be located in our Colorado Springs, CO location and will include some travel to other Merrick offices to support the growing practice.
- Perform assignments in the analysis and design of surface water / urban stormwater systems.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, cost estimates, studies, reports and work products.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited supervision.
- Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required.
- Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications.
- Additional duties may involve project management for projects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years minimum experience in the design and construction oversight of surface water and urban stormwater systems.
- Experience working on open channel and minor creeks and rivers, streambank restoration, and storm sewer projects.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with advanced hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software.
- 2-Dimensional and 3-dimensional modeling.
- GIS Systems and Programs.
- Water quality structure design.
- Public works design experience with local, State and Federal governments; experience with the City of Colorado Springs, El Paso County and other Colorado Springs metropolitan area municipalities is a plus.
- Strong technical design experience in surface water and stormwater projects
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Required Certifications:
- P.E. (Professional Engineer) State of CO is required or able to secure within six months.
- Affiliations with CASFM is preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.