Merrick & Company is seeking a Commissioning Engineer to become part of our growing Commissioning team. This is a Full-time position
- Oversee, coordinate and perform detailed field commissioning services for all types of facilities including; laboratories, nuclear spaces, hospitals, computer centers, general office facilities, clean rooms.
- Generate commissioning plans; write commissioning specifications; develop commissioning installation checklists and functional test procedures; verify and validate commissioned systems controls and equipment; document commissioning process, develop final commissioning report, and develop systems manuals.
- Frequent travel to project/client locations is required with possible international travel.
- US Citizenship required
- 5 years or more experience in the commissioning of bio-containment laboratory facilities (BSL-3, BSL-3Ag, BSL-4), including HVAC (air and hydronic), controls, plumbing, laboratory equipment, fire protection, security, and/or electrical systems
- 5 years or more experience in the design of HVAC (air and hydronic), controls, plumbing, laboratory equipment, fire protection, security, and/or electrical systems for bio-containment laboratory facilities OR
- 5 years or more experience in commissioning of other types of high-tech, mission-critical facilities
- The desired candidate will be ambitious and flexible; have a talent for efficiency and process improvement; and have an attitude to succeed
- Self-starter and independently motivated individual. Must be able to work as a member of a close team and be able to work independently as necessary.
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to direct a team through the execution of the commissioning process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience coordinating with both owners and contractors as well as the ability to lead project meetings are necessary.
- Ability to generate accurate, detailed reports is a must.
- Ability to read and understand building drawings, specifications, and submittals
- Knowledge of controls systems and control sequences.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point). Familiarity with AutoCad and/or Revit will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a US security clearance.
- Either Maryland, the greater DC area or the greater Atlanta area is preferred; however, other locations near major airports will be considered
- Ability to travel to project/client locations located in the US and internationally
Degree / Experience Requirements
- Minimum four (4) year technical degree with at least five (5) years’ experience in commissioning, design and/or similar work
- Experience with HVAC controls systems and protocols (e.g. JCI, Siemens, ALC, BACnet, Modbus, etc) considered a plus
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and facilities
- Able to climb ladders
- Mobile crawling in and around mechanical space with piping and ductwork
- Ability to carry test instruments and equipment
- Lift 50 pounds
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.