Landscape Architect - Entry Level
Merrick & Company is seeking a candidate with up to two years’ experience in a Landscape Architecture office or a college graduate with an accredited degree in Landscape Architecture for an entry level position in our Charlotte, NC office. Although office experience is not required, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a history of success in an office or classwork and/or a completed internship in a Landscape Architecture office setting.
The position will provide an opportunity to gain both design and technical experience in the field of landscape architecture. The employee will be exposed to a variety of landscape architectural and land planning projects.
The position requires the following:
- Collaboration with other design disciplines
- Work within a team on various project related tasks
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong graphic communication skills both by hand and digital means
- Creative problem solving
- Follow schedules and budget commitments
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Bachelors Degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited school is required
- Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited school is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of PhotoShop, InDesign, and SketchUp is a plus
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Local candidates preferred/no relocation assistance provided
- Strong portfolio is preferred / Please include when applying
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.