Architect - 7-10 Years Experience
Merrick & Company is seeking a registered Architect to lead projects in our growing Greenwood Village (Metro Denver), CO office. We also have similar positions open for our Florida, Texas and Georgia offices.
Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
Merrick is a nationally known multi-office and multi-discipline firm consisting of a diverse, dedicated and talented staff which has achieved design excellence throughout its 60+ years of existence. With offices worldwide, Merrick and Company has been ranked as one of the top 100 design firms by Engineering News Record. Merrick provides personalized services to various clients throughout the world.
Candidates that have a desire for personal and professional growth, a well-defined understanding of design and construction document processes, and adaptability for short term and long term projects in an environment that requires a blend of creativity and high technical skills. Successful candidates must be self-starting, motivated, innovative, articulate, self-disciplined, and confident in a demanding, exciting and fast-paced environment. This position requires a competent professional architect who will be responsible for all phases of architectural production and BIM for a variety of Federal work ranging from programming through construction administration. This includes interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating the design and production effort for one or more large or complex projects.
· Must understand the importance of Business Development and project management for E-A firms, must be able to manage projects and demonstrate skills in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Will provide Architectural design for Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Energy (DOE) governmental Facilities.
· Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing and mentoring the work of junior architects and designers, and delegating work as required as well as provide management of the local team.
· Design tasks will include Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Specification writing, and Construction Document preparation and redlines.
· Will ensure internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
· Will coordinate all support activities required to complete all design efforts and quality assurance processes.
· Work with other disciplines to ensure accuracy of the package, meet schedule, and budget commitments and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· Meet with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
· Prepare fee proposals for Architectural design work.
Specific experience requirements:
· Five (5) years minimum experience as a Registered Architect working in a professional architecture / engineering environment managing projects.
· Professional Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
· LEED Accredited Professional preferred
· Experience in all phases of design, with track record of completed, successful projects
· Proficient working in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D modeling programs (Sketch Up & Revit preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite
· Skilled in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint
· Local candidates preferred
· Client projects for this position:
· Require sole U.S. Citizenship
· Prohibit Dual Citizenship
· Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance is a plus
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Military and Government project experience preferred
· Ability to visually communicate concepts to Clients
· Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
· Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Ability to write and edit specifications
Job Specific Responsibilities:
· Managing local architectural staff and providing leadership
· Attending client meetings and making presentations to clients
· Leading design and development of projects
· Perform Code Reviews
· Redline projects
· Create and manage schedule and budgets for projects
· Mentor junior staff and oversee their professional development
· The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.