GIS Technician I
Merrick & Company is seeking a GIS or Geomatics Technician with one – three years’ experience to work on site at our client location.
Local candidates only.
· Takes direction to perform GIS data gathering, digitizing, conversion, and analysis
· Applies cartographic standards to prepare maps and exhibits using GIS datasets
· Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
· Two (2) - four (4) years’ experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
· Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required Access preferred
· Bachelor’s degree OR Associates or GIS Certificate is preferred
· High school diploma is required
· Local candidates preferred
· Knowledge of shapefiles and geodatabases
· Knowledge of data projections and how to manipulate
· Demonstrated understanding of basic CAD and GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, etc.
· Demonstration of understanding of cartographic methods
· Attention to detail, organized, customer focused
· Able to work in a team and multitask
· Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
· Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
· Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro a plus
· Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and Web Mapping services a plus
· Able to spend extended periods of time working at desktop computer.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.