IT and Cyberbiosecurity Project Manager – Biosafety & Biosecurity
Merrick is seeking an experienced Information Technology and Cyberbiosecurity Project Manager with a background in life sciences facilities and programs, oversight of laboratory IT architecture development and implementation, biosafety, biosecurity, and cyberbiosecurity programs, and to assist in general management for projects in the Greenwood Village (Denver metro), CO and Washington, DC areas.
As an IT and Cyberbiosecurity Project Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Assist in management of multi-discipline life sciences facility and program IT system design, laboratory operations, biosafety, biosecurity, and cyberbiosecurity related projects to be executed primarily out of the Washington, DC area, but also Merrick’s Denver and Kanata offices.
- Provide project management to laboratory IT architecture development projects to US Government clients
- Assist in business development (BD) activities including presentations to potential clients, preparation of proposals and estimating work (i.e. seller-doer)
- Become familiar and comply with Merrick’s project management systems, procedures and reporting protocols, and report regularly to Merrick senior management on project performance
- Support the development of market development in the cyber- and biosecurity (cyberbiosecurity) field
- Monitor scope, schedule, budget, deliverables and client expectations during pre-project and execution phases of projects
- Communicate and coordinate with all project stakeholders as required for successful project execution.
- Maintain and develop positive client relationships
- Be available to travel, including internationally for project and BD work
- Have or be able to obtain low-level security clearance for work with the US Federal Government.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the day-to-day work of project technical staff, consultants, contractors, and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Apply analytical skills to project approaches, standards, and solutions, throughout project lifecycle
- General Management skills and responsibilities may include:
- Flexibility and experience to receive and disposition a variety of technical and project management inquiries and issues on a daily basis.
- May be tasked to participate in a variety of professional and/or social societies or programs designed to elevate Merrick’s professional and community standing.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and business ethics required.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multidisciplinary projects.
- Must have relevant experience in project management as it pertains to “big data,” IT architecture development, laboratory and health IT systems, biosafety, biosecurity, and cyberbiosecurity efforts.
- Must have demonstrated history of providing US Government project management
- The successful candidate will utilize strong interpersonal skills to interface successfully with clients.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a project management capacity
- Experience with biosafety, biosecurity, cyberbiosecurity, and biotechnology strongly preferred
- Client projects for this position require United States Citizenship (or capability to obtain within 6 months)
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent, from accredited University or Higher Education Institution.
- M.S. degree or higher, from accredited University or Higher Education Institution in the fields of life science and/or information technology strongly preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the biosafety and biosecurity field, emerging technologies, government/academic/industrial programs.
- Past performance working in or for U.S. federal agencies (i.e., DoD, DHS, HHS) strongly preferred.
- Local candidates preferred. Relocation will be considered.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.