Accounts Receivable Specialist
Merrick & Company is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to assist our Finance/Accounting Team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Cash Receipts/Collections Support (70% of position)
- Prepare and post electronic payments and checks to appropriate invoices reported on the daily cash sheet, reconcile payment discrepancies, prepare daily remote deposit to the bank, distribute daily cash report to required internal personnel.
- Run Accounts Receivable (A/R) Aging and Collection reports weekly to analyze past due invoices.
- Contact clients and Project Managers regarding past due invoices to facilitate payment.
Corporate Programs Support (20%)
- Administer corporate credit card program.
- Travel assistance liaison with Merrick personnel and Travel & Transport (T&T)/Concur, providing training and updating.
- Ensure completion of corporate licensing updates and revisions as requested by external corporate licensing firm.
- Maintain corporate and employee business license databases.
- Prepare and file bi-annual small business reports.
- Complete client credit references when requested by clients.
- Request, maintain, and distribute Certificates of Insurance and W-9s.
- Strong experience in managing multiple tasks and deadlines with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of staff and management to complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a self-directed environment.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Experience in an Architecture/Engineering firm or other professional services business is strongly preferred.
- Local candidates only.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a strong understanding of basic bookkeeping including: posting mechanics for billings, credit adjustments, cash receipts, reserves, and write-offs.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate and analyze numerical data such as: discounts, interest rate, excel functions, and percentages.
- Computer Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to learn new systems quickly.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.