Intern – Land Survey
The application deadline is January 30, 2018. Resumes will be reviewed in February 2018. Interviews will take place in February 2018 and offers will be extended approximately March 15, 2018.
Merrick & Company is seeking a college or graduate school Geodesy/Survey student for a paid summer internship for Summer 2018 for our Charlotte, NC office. The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August.
This position requires a valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
The summer internship will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of surveying. The intern will be exposed to a variety of surveying task including remote field crew work, use of GPS, total stations, digital levels, survey note keeping and data management.
The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with a team, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Merrick does not pay relocation fees or provide a living stipend.
· Ability to lift 60 lbs.
· Hike to remote locations.
· Basic understanding of survey equipment.
· Must be currently enrolled and entering junior year or higher of undergraduate degree
· Must be pursuing a surveying degree at an A.B.E.T. accredited university.
· GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
· Ability to travel for periods of up to 4 weeks.
· A valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record is required.
Students who have recently graduated will not be considered.
· The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.