Project Administrator II
Merrick & Company office is seeking a responsible experienced individual to work full-time (40 hours per week) as a Project Administrator for a multi-discipline engineering office in Los Alamos, NM. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
This position will be located in Los Alamos, a small community located in the scenic high desert of Northern New Mexico within commuting distance from Santa Fe. Los Alamos offers access to a wealth of outdoor activities, an excellent public school system and a low crime rate.
This position will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support for project managers, engineers, and designers within Merrick’s Nuclear Services and Technology (NST) group.
- Log and electronically file correspondence and design document packages, utilizing existing document control systems and Merrick QA Procedures.
- Expedite completion of engineering deliverables by identifying issues and communicating with the engineers and managers.
- Provide word processing for engineering reports and specifications.
- Create and assemble documents using Acrobat Writer.
- Review engineering products for typographical and grammatical correctness.
- Ensure office equipment (copy and fax machines), copy areas, conference rooms, and common areas are in good and safe working condition.
- Enter data in, and print documents from, Access databases and Excel spreadsheets.
- Answer phones, assign badges, and manage internal and external correspondence.
- Follow established processes to protect sensitive information.
- Coordinate with other Project Administrators on workload.
- Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality. The office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years in a professional office environment.
- Education: High School graduate/GED is required. Additional certifications or a college degree is a plus.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team.
- Ability to independently complete work and multi-task in a highly productive, deadline driven environment.
- Technical editing experience of professional correspondence.
- Ability to be trained and master special business related software.
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- LOCAL candidates preferred. / Relocation assistant will be considered.
- Previous experience in a professional office such as an Architectural Engineering firm, Medical / Dental, Financial Institution office is beneficial for desired focus on client satisfaction.
- Experience with Department of Energy (DOE) clients and projects in the Los Alamos area is strongly preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.