Lead Project Administrator
Merrick & Company is seeking a responsible experienced individual to work full time (40 hours per week) as a Lead Project Administrator for our Los Alamos, NM office. This position would provide multifaceted support to a multi-discipline engineering office. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
This position will be located in Los Alamos, a small community located in the scenic high desert of Northern New Mexico within commuting distance from Santa Fe. Los Alamos offers access to a wealth of outdoor activities, an excellent public school system and a low crime rate.
This position will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support for project managers, engineers, and designers within Merrick’s Nuclear Services and Technology (NST) group. The Lead Project Administrator will supervise two Project Administrators also located in the Los Alamos office.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient system for electronic and hardcopy project document management including secure records management, distribution and retrieval in accordance with Merrick QA procedures.
- Assisting team members with various administrative activities including coordinating meetings, handling meeting minutes, processing expense reports, compiling reports, writing deliverable transmittals to clients, and coordinating various activities between the Los Alamos and Merrick corporate offices.
- Understand the team’s objectives, needs and procedural requirements for supporting activities.
- Coordinate and make arrangements associated client-based business activities.
- Responsible for direct interface with client for project document management, personnel actions and badging.
- Professionalism and good communication skills with client personnel are necessary.
Lead Project Administrator
Technical and Professional Skills
- Experience: Must have minimum eight (8) years as an Project Administrator or similar responsibly in a professional office environment such as an Architectural Engineering Firm or Medical / Dental office.
- Education: High School graduate/GED is required. Additional certifications or a college degree is a plus.
- Experience with Department of Energy (DOE) clients and projects in the Los Alamos area is strongly preferred
- Experience in an Architectural or Engineering environment is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Project and Adobe Acrobat Reader and Writer.
- Strong proficiency in using MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with ability to enter data in MSAccess.
- Ability to work in a highly productive, deadline driven working environment.
- Ability to be trained and master special business related software.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Skills include planning, organizing, multi-tasking, flexibility, alertness, detail oriented, good memory, and professionalism in handling logistics
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- LOCAL candidates preferred. / Relocation assistant will be considered.
The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.