Civil Project Manager – Stormwater Engineering
Merrick is seeking a Project Manager for our Surface Water / Urban Stormwater Engineering Practice to join our growing Water Practice. The position will be located in our Colorado Springs, CO office and will include some travel to other Merrick offices to support the growing practice.
The Project Manager must be capable of marketing, directing and managing a team of engineers or technicians on stormwater projects. This position requires the ability to not only be proficient in the technical work but to also manage project schedules, budgets, and interface with multi-discipline teams of architects and engineers. This position does require a high level of demonstrated effectiveness in working with public works clients, other consulting team members and in marketing these services to public agencies in Colorado.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with clients, and Federal, Local and State government contacts for municipal projects located anywhere within the country. Some travel may be required.
The successful candidate:
- Must be able to demonstrate a long term successful record of Business Development, project management for A-E firms similar in size and services to Merrick, managing schedules and budgets for large, complex civil engineering design efforts, and demonstrated skills for effectively working in multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Be proficient and have successfully demonstrated capabilities with preparing successful proposals in collaboration with corporate marketing and business development teams, interviews and negotiations for project awards with a wide range of Colorado and Rocky Mountain public agencies and private sector clients.
- Must be capable of directing and managing a team of design engineers and technicians on surface water and urban stormwater projects.
- Will be expected to provide input to and participate in strategic planning for the team.
- Work closely with Business Unit management team to: identify projects, grow staff, monitor project delivery and meet financial performance goals.
- Must be capable and excel in working in a design team environment, including directing the work of all skill levels of engineers and designers, and effectively delegating work as required.
- Must be able to prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing construction drawings, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, preparing proposals, including scope of services and fee estimates, budget and scope management, and generally managing the efforts of a project team.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepares fee proposals for civil engineering design and construction observation work.
- Oversees internal communication and coordination of design efforts.
- Effectively manage the financial performance, schedules and reporting requirements of assigned projects and meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Exercises initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful applicant should have at least ten (10) years’ combined experience in municipal design and project management although strong candidates with lesser experience could be considered based on their overall capabilities.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Colorado or capable of registration within six months of appointment.
- The successful applicant should preferably have five (5) years’ experience in municipal design and engineering experience working with Colorado municipalities including large public works and drainage projects for Front Range municipalities.
- Experience working on open channel and minor creek and rivers, streambank restoration, and storm sewer projects.
- Should have a demonstrated track record of providing client delight and multi-year client relationships.
- Bachelor of Sciences / Civil or Environmental Engineering degree from an A.B.E.T. accredited school is required.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business is preferred but not a requirement if successful project experience is demonstrated.
- Affiliation with CASFM is preferred.
- Local candidates are preferred / Relocation may be considered.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, fax machines, and scanners.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick, an employee owned company, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.