Civil Engineer – Land Development
Merrick & Company is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer II with four (4) to seven (7) years of experience and strong AutoCAD Civil 3D skills to join our growing Land Development team in our growing Greenwood Village (Denver metro), CO office. Local candidates strongly preferred. Some travel to client sites.
RidgeGate Mixed Use Development Infrastructure Planning:
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, preparing construction drawings, organizing reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables after receiving initial instructions from Project Manager while receiving limited supervision.
- Ability to organize and manage details for multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be capable of working within a team of Design Engineers and technicians on Land development projects.
- Development of scope and fees, budget management, strong understanding of technical services, and ability to deliver quality services and deliverables
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility.
- Position requires application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of tasks.
- Perform assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with internal team, project partners, clients, and Local, State, and Federal government agencies.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments of experienced level person.
- Coordinate with the work of others who assist in specific assignments.
- Interaction with clients and travel to client sites may be required.
- MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
- MUST have Professional Engineering licenses in the state of Colorado or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months is strongly preferred.
- Four (4) to Seven (7) year of experience of relevant Land Development design engineering.
- Land Development design experience on commercial and residential private developments is preferred
- Very proficient using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect and be physically mobile in and around client construction sites.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Additional information - (#LI-CC1)
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
- Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.