Electrical Engineer I – Electrical Utility and Facility Design
We are seeking a full time Electrical Engineer for our High-Performance Facility design team in our growing San Antonio, TX office. Local candidates are preferred.
This position requires a BS in Architectural Engineering, a BS in Electrical Engineering, or a BS in Electrical Engineering Technology. The successful candidate will have successfully passed the FE/EIT exam and be working toward P.E. licensure.
Work involves a variety of activities including conceptual and detailed design / documentation of medium voltage power distribution including 15kV and 35kV of overhead and underground lines, service transformers, and electrical service to industrial, commercial and residential properties. Work requires knowledge of the NESC, CPS Energy or other utility’s standards, experience with 15kV and 35kV design for overhead and or underground systems, NEC as applicable for over 1000V design, field investigations and construction support. Candidate shall be capable of performing electrical calculation, design/documentation, and non-routine assignments with little or no direction. Knowledge of GIS is a must. Knowledge of BIM (especially REVIT) and AutoCAD is highly desired. Construction administration will include As-Built drawing review, site inspection, and site investigation report production.
- Zero (0) to four (4) years overhead electrical, underground electrical, or combination of design experience is preferred
- Experience with CPS Energy or other electric utility design projects is preferred
- Experience with DOD government work is highly desired
- Experience using ArcGIS/REVIT/AutoCAD or other design software based drawing generation
- Experience using electrical calculation tools is desired, including lighting and power software such as AGi32 and Power Tools SKM
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Experience using technical codes: NESC, NEC, ISA, IEEE Regulatory Codes
- Experience in document generation for power distribution and instrumentation & controls
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Candidate must pass a background check given the criteria set by the client
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters and scanners.
This job requires site visits on developed and non-developed land. This role routinely uses field supplies such as, but not limited to: stakes, hammers, machete, marking paint and distance measurement devices.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.