Merrick & Company is seeking a full time Commissioning Engineer to become part of our growing Commissioning team.
- Coordinate, perform and oversee detailed field commissioning services for all types of facilities including; laboratories, nuclear spaces, hospitals, computer centers, general office facilities, clean rooms.
- Generate commissioning plans; write commissioning specifications; develop commissioning installation checklists and functional test procedures; verify and validate commissioned systems controls and equipment; document commissioning process, develop final commissioning report, and develop systems manuals.
- Frequent travel to project/client locations is required with possible international travel.
- US Citizenship required
- 4 Year Technical Degree from accredited institution
- 5 years or more experience in the commissioning of bio-containment laboratory facilities (BSL-3, BSL-3Ag, BSL-4), including HVAC (air and hydronic), controls, plumbing, laboratory equipment, fire protection, security, and/or electrical systems.
- Experience with HVAC controls systems and protocols (e.g. JCI, Siemens, ALC, BACnet, Modbus, etc) considered a plus
- PE, CxA, LEED AP
- 5 years or more experience in the design of HVAC (air and hydronic), controls, plumbing, laboratory equipment, fire protection, security, and/or electrical systems for bio-containment laboratory facilities OR
- 5 years or more experience in commissioning of other types of high-tech, mission-critical facilities
- The ideal candidate will:
- Be ambitious and flexible; have a talent for efficiency and process improvement; and have an attitude to succeed.
- Be a Self-starter and independently motivated individual. Must be able to work as a member of a close team and be able to work independently as necessary.
- Have good organizational and planning skills with the ability to direct a team through the execution of the commissioning process.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience coordinating with owners and contractors, as well as the ability to lead project meetings are necessary skills.
- Have the ability to generate accurate, detailed reports.
- Have the ability to read and understand building drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Have knowledge of controls systems and control sequences.
- Be proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point). Familiarity with AutoCad and/or Revit will be considered an asset.
- Possess, or be able to obtain, a US security clearance.
- Either Maryland, the greater DC area or the greater Atlanta area is preferred; however, other locations near major airports will be considered.
- Ability to travel to project/client locations located in the US and internationally.
- A Commissioning Engineer must be Physically mobile in and around construction sites and facilities. The candidate must be able to climb ladders, crawl in and around mechanical space with piping and ductwork, carry test instruments and equipment up to 50 pounds.
Apply on line only. www.merrick.com/careers No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.