Business Development Professional – Geomatics
Merrick is seeking a Business Development (BD) Professional. This position is a Marketing and BD position primarily responsible for developing business opportunities for Merrick’s Geomatics Business Unit, consistent with established corporate goals. Primary duties include identifying and establishing relationships with new clients, maintaining and expanding existing client relationships, developing market networks, positioning the firm for key pursuits, and developing successful individual pursuit strategy as a capture manager for key pursuits.
This position may be based in one of several Merrick locations, dependent on specific needs and candidate “fit.”
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Input to the strategic plan, goals, and objectives of the business development effort each fiscal year for the Geomatics Business Unit.
- Conduct market research to develop lists of potential clients appropriate for Company’s services
- Analyze and qualify market, sector(s) and potential clients
- Identify and contact key client decision makers
- Coordinate activities with other market sector teams and business developers
- Work with Central Marketing Services in the preparation of proposals, qualification documents, and other collateral marketing materials
- Develop capture, proposal, and interview strategies and lead teams through these processes to ensure capture success
- Participate as appropriate in key conferences, professional associations and other external organizations to develop and reinforce a network of business contacts
- Develop, maintain, and deepen client relationships after the sale and during project delivery and participate in the Company client satisfaction program.
- Develop a network of potential teaming partners in the surveying, mapping and geospatial profession.
- Become familiar with Company’s Geomatics service lines and key personnel capabilities
- Remain current with the technology developments, costs and processes to our markets and clients, and to our project delivery systems.
- Use the central CRM system for contact and opportunity tracking and participate in weekly sales meetings and reporting.
- Position will require domestic travel.
Demonstrated success in business development
Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, Marketing) preferred
Minimum five (5) years experience in Geomatics industry preferred
Proven ability to develop and maintain clients
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressures and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality
Existing network of clients in the geospatial field
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Works cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
Committed to safety, quality improvement and Company Values
The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.