Electrical-I&C Drafter/Designer II
Merrick & Company is seeking a junior level Electrical-I&C Drafter/Designer II for our Greenwood Village, CO office.
This position offers the opportunity for career growth within our Energy & Chemicals business unit’s Electrical and I&C design team.
The electrical drafter/designer –II positon will include following key responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision of senior designers and engineers develop electrical and instrumentation designs and drawings for assigned projects.
- Develop electrical drawings including one line diagrams, schematic wiring drawings, panel layouts, grounding layout, lighting layout, area classification drawings.
- Develop electrical equipment layouts, cable tray and conduit routing plans and cable schedules.
- Develop instrument location plans and installation details.
- Develop instrument, PLC and DCS wiring drawings.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and writing skills and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Some travel to client project sites to support drawing as-built effort is expected.
- Three (3) – five (5) years of experience on electrical wiring, layout design and / or instrumentation wiring and layout design. Basic knowledge of electrical distribution systems at various voltages (120 VAC, 480VAC, 4160VAC, and 13KV)
- Minimum of a two-year degree from technical school or college (Associate of Arts, or Associate of Science) is desired for this position
- Alternatively, three (3) years of design experience using AutoCAD based drawing generation
- Experience using Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Experience using technical codes: NEC, ISA, IEEE, API, Regulatory Codes is beneficial
- AutoCAD experience is a requirement, with knowledge of CADWorx, Microstation and BIM (preferably REVIT) highly desired.
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Candidate must pass a background check given the criteria set by the client
- The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Naturally curious
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation (approximately 75%) and field visits for projects (approximately 25%).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick and Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This is a non-exempt position.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.