Business Development Manager – High Performance Facilities
Merrick & Company is seeking an experienced business development professional for our High Performance Facilities (HPF) Business Unit (BU) in the East Coast. This position will replace an existing employee who is retiring. The successful candidate will work alongside and train under this individual for 12 months. The HPF business unit includes DoD agencies, other federal agencies, state and local agencies, aerospace and potentially owners of private mission critical facilities. This person does not have to reside near a Merrick office.
This position is responsible for the acquisition of new business in current and potential markets. In this role, the BD Manager works jointly with the BU Lead. Using the annual business plan developed by the BU Lead, the BD Manager develops and implements strategies/tactics for identifying clients and opportunities. The BD Lead executes business development activities such as market research, market positioning, networking, relationship development, proposal development, teaming and negotiations that lead to contracts with these clients. The BD Manager also coordinates and cooperates with other Merrick business units to identify joint pursuits that utilize skillsets across the Merrick enterprise.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Establish the strategic plan, goals, and objectives of the business development effort each fiscal year along with the HPF operational leader.
- Using market research and other information develop lists of potential clients appropriate for Merrick & Company’s services.
- Track Federal funding and marketing trends to find potential white space in these markets
- Analyze and qualify potential clients.
- Identify and contact key client decision makers.
- Work directly with operations leaders and project managers in pursuit of new opportunities.
- Coordinate activities with other business unit teams and business developers.
- Work directly with Central Marketing Services in the preparation of proposals and other collateral marketing materials to properly position and promote the HPF brand.
- Develop proposal and interview strategies and guide teams through these processes.
- Participate in conferences, professional associations and other external organizations to develop a network of business contacts.
- Maintain client relationships during project delivery and participate in the Merrick client satisfaction program.
- Develop a network of potential teaming partners in the HPF design, construction and consultant industries.
- Become familiar with Merrick’s HPF service lines and key personnel capabilities.
- Be reasonably familiar with the technical requirements of HPF projects, their cost and the processes involved in their design.
- Use the central CRM system for contact and opportunity tracking and participate in weekly sales meetings and reporting.
- Close projects to achieve the new business team goal planned each fiscal year in concert with other BD Managers, Seller-Doers, and the HPF operational leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Architecture, Engineering, Marketing)
- Minimum fifteen (15) years industry experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain clients in the A/E industry
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressures
- Existing network of DoD clients and teaming partners, AFCEE/AFCESA network a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
- Commitment to quality, improvement and Merrick values
- Currently have or the ability to receive a top secret clearance, and some knowledge of DoD classified projects is a plus
- Travel is required, could be international, and could be 20% of the position’s time.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
#Hiring #Joinourteam #Nowhiring #Apply #MerrickCareers