Senior Staff Accountant
Merrick & Company is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to perform corporate financial accounting, reporting and management in our Greenwood Village, CO office. This is a great opportunity to perform diverse functions and work across all of the company’s entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input monthly adjusting entries and calculate accruals of assigned accounts to ensure accurate monthly reporting of US and Consolidated entity
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts each month-end
- Support Accounting Manager in month-end close
- Lead preparation of audit workpapers for annual audits
- Prepare monthly business unit financial statements and reconcile with company’s consolidated financial reports
- Support Accounting Manager in preparation of the company’s consolidation of US and international entities
- Supervise the Payroll Administrator
- Prepare and upload monthly payroll entries
- Lead research associated with infrequent or new payroll transactions
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of accrued payroll and payroll expense
- With support from external consultants, lead company in evaluation and application of all sales, use, gross receipts, etc. taxes
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax workpapers for use by external CPA firm in filing and paying income taxes
- Manage New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax compliance and file monthly reports
- Support tax inquiries and audits as they arise
- Supervise the A/R Specialist
- Support A/R Specialist in collections and other assigned duties
- Prepare and maintain documentation on department internal controls and policies and procedures
- Support company’s transition to new accounting standards (Lease and Revenue Recognition)
- Gain in-depth knowledge in company’s accounting system and document policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- CPA certificate a plus
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a Senior Staff Accountant role or similar position
- Experience with international companies, entities or subsidiaries is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in an Architecture or Engineering firm is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced EXCEL skills
- Confident with data management and data analysis
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.