Assistant Project Manager – Civil Land Development
Merrick is seeking an Assistant Civil Project Manager for our growing Civil Land Development Infrastructure team in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Assistant Project Manager must be capable of directing and managing a team of engineers or technicians on Land Development projects including: site grading, drainage, streets, storm sewer and other utilities. This position requires the ability to not only be proficient in the work but to also manage project schedules, budgets, and interface with multi-discipline teams of architects and engineers.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with clients, and Federal, Local and State government contacts for land development and municipal projects located anywhere within the country. Some travel is required.
The successful candidate:
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepares fee proposals for civil design work.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Stay within established schedule and budget.
- Must have a good understanding of Business Development and want to grow in this area.
- Must have experience leading small to midsize project management as a lead engineer.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
Additional information (#LI-CC1)
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.