Project Engineer – Nuclear Projects
Merrick & Company's Nuclear Services & Technology team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government (Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration, and National Institute of Standards and Technology), nuclear research, nuclear medicine, and the commercial nuclear power industries. Merrick is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual to serve as a project engineer. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, the ability to focus multi-discipline teams, and skills to assist Project Managers in day-to-day technical and administrative duties.
This position will be located in Los Alamos, a small community located in the scenic high desert of Northern New Mexico. Los Alamos offers access to a wealth of outdoor activities, a family-friendly community, an excellent public school system and a low crime rate. The ideal candidate will have a passion for designing custom solutions, mentoring a team and the outdoor life style of Northern New Mexico.
The Project Engineer will work in a dynamic multi-discipline environment, designing systems and equipment for non-reactor nuclear facilities. The individual will direct a multi-disciplined team of engineers and designers, and serve as the primary technical interface with clients, project management, and procurement professionals. The Project Engineer serves as a liaison between the Project Manager and technical disciplines and is responsible for:
- Assisting the Project Manager with managing scope, schedule and cost
- Leading design activities
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- Coordinating engineering disciplines
- Managing discipline interfaces
- Assuring technical client
- Communicating with the customer
- Managing design deliverables
- Managing project resources
- Managing technical changes
- Expediting scheduled activities
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Minimum ten (10) years of engineering experience and five (5) years in Project Engineering
- Background in nuclear facility design and engineering
- Experience with DOE or NNSA projects
- Experience with nuclear quality assurance standards
- Experience with supervising engineers and designers
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Scheduling Software (e.g. MS Office, Primavera)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering
- Certifications: Professional licensure is highly desired.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.