Project Manager - Los Alamos, NM
Merrick & Company's Nuclear Services & Technology team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government (DOE, NNSA and NIST), nuclear research, nuclear medicine, and the commercial nuclear power industries. Merrick is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual to serve as a Project Manager/Engineering Manager to support our operations in Los Alamos, NM.
Merrick's Los Alamos office is currently supporting Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) on several large and complex non-reactor nuclear facility design and construction projects. Merrick is seeking candidates who have technical and project management experience with design and construction of nuclear/hazardous facility systems, structures and components with an emphasis on confinement of radioactive and other hazardous materials.
This position will be in Los Alamos, a small community located in the scenic high desert of Northern New Mexico. Los Alamos offers access to a wealth of outdoor activities, a family-friendly community, an excellent public-school system and a low crime rate. The ideal candidate will have a passion for designing custom solutions, mentoring a team and the outdoor life style of Northern New Mexico.
This position will provide project and engineering management of a highly-qualified and experienced staff of multi-discipline engineers and designers. Position will require daily interaction with Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) clients as well as a design team in Los Alamos. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as a point of contact with the customer, developing project plans, establishing project cost estimates and schedules.
- Working under a well-established ASME NQA-1 quality assurance program.
- Directing/supervising engineering leads.
- Managing project resources
- Executing projects per the project plans, managing change, and ensuring technical adequacy of the project deliverables.
- Marketing for new work, proposing on new efforts, and developing a network of clients.
- The technical focus of the applicant will be on design of non-reactor nuclear facilities for the Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in the technical fields described.
- Background in nuclear facility design and engineering
- Experience with DOE or NNSA projects
- Experience with nuclear quality assurance standards
- Experience with supervising engineers and designers
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Scheduling Software (e.g. MS Office, Primavera)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering
- Certifications: Professional licensure is highly desired.
- Certifications – PMI Certificate preferred.
- Active Q-Clearance or ability to obtain Q-Clearance.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.