Merrick & Company is looking for an Information Technologist Developer for our Greenwood Village office.
About The Company
Merrick & Company is a full service Engineering, Architectural, Design-Build, and Geo-Spatial Information Services, Survey and mapping company with 480 highly motivated employee owners. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO since 1955, we re an employee owned company. We provide engineering expertise to government agencies, industrial and commercial clients.
This position will assist with managing the systems and applications and other technologies, as well as developing new features and applications.
- Manages systems and applications development
- Plan, design, and implement solutions that deliver and analyze information accurately and efficiently
- Provide complete operations services for application management and development.
- Assist in the development and standardization of program management related processes.
- Identify and implement enhancements to streamline operational processes.
- Function as a strong contributor to the ITS team, participating in special projects and task forces as required.
- Assists in day to day IS support tasks
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values, philosophy and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field and three (3) + years of design/development experience OR seven (7)+ years of design/development experience
- Experience in the areas of application support, system analysis and design.
- Minimal travel
Software and Development Language Requirements:
- Microsoft Office 2016 and above (specifically Access and Excel)
- Microsoft Windows 7 and above
- Microsoft Server 2003 and above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 and above
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and above
- Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Microsoft TFS Experience
- Microsoft SharePoint O365 (development and administration)
- Fluent in object-oriented programming
COMMUNICATION AND WORK SKILLS To perform effectively in this position, incumbent must:
- Demonstrate ability of successfully leading complex IS projects.
- Prioritize activities to work within approved budgets and possible resource limitations
- Demonstrate ability to work as a member of a team and employee collaboration
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Embrace technology
- Effectively plan and organize multiple work activities to meet deadlines.
- Be able to take initiative and effectively work independently.
- This position requires a high degree of problem solving skills and thinking outside the box.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.