Survey Instrument Person - 4 yrs exp.
Merrick & Company’s nationally recognized Geomatics Business Unit is immediately seeking a Survey Instrument Person II to be based out of our Charlotte, NC office. Local candidates preferred.
Merrick & Company is seeking career and quality minded individuals for challenging projects including all types of Boundary, GPS, Photogrammetry, Easement/Right of Way, ALTAs, Topographic Surveys and with an emphasis on Construction Layout. Successful candidate will work under direct supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor and party chief and must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· Must have a minimum of four (4) years of survey experience OR an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field will be considered in lieu of experience.
· Experience with Trimble GPS and Trimble Total Station is strongly preferred.
· Desire to obtain LSI preferred.
· Candidate is willing to travel up to three (3) weeks at a time.
· Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
· Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· Degree Requirements: Associates or Technical degree preferred.
· Local candidates preferred.
· Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
· Ability to carry survey instruments and equipment in remote, rural or urban surroundings
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
The worker is subject to variable climate and environmental conditions including but not limited to extreme cold and heat.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick, an employee owned company, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.