Mechanical Facilities Engineer III
Merrick Canada ULC is seeking an experienced Mechanical Facilities Engineer to provide HVAC and Plumbing design for Life Science and High Performance Facilities.
- Must understand the importance of Business Development, project management for A-E firms, managing to fee and demonstrate skills in a multi-discipline teams.
- Will provide HVAC and Plumbing design for Life Science Facilities.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required as well as take design direction from senior-level engineers.
- Design tasks will include Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, HVAC and plumbing Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout. Piping layouts, development of P&IDs
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Coordinate all support activities required to complete all mechanical design efforts and quality assurance processes are in concert with other discipline designs.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure accuracy of the package, meet schedule, and budget commitments.
- Meet with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepare fee proposals for Mechanical Facilities design work.
- Specific experience in designing Life Science projects is preferred.
- Registered Mechanical Professional Engineering (PEng) license in Ontario is required.
- Position requires the ability to manage other engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- Must have minimum ten (10) years of experience in HVAC and plumbing design.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, inclusive of MS Project, AutoCAD 2015 or recent, and REVIT.
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences from an ABET Accredited Program
- Mechanical /Architectural / Electrical engineering degree with experience in HVAC
- LEED Accredited Professional is preferred.
- Local candidates preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into design; Uses feedback to modify designs. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Verbal Communication – Able to clearly communicate to others at all levels within the organization.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment and meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Work at jobsites will be required inclusive of active construction and or commissioning efforts. Will require access to/from elevated areas, functional and operational equipment and donning of appropriate PPE
- Air travel and business trips will be required within Canada, continental USA and possible overseas work as well.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters and scanners.
Additional information – Applicable Canadian benefits
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage; RSA unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.