Project Analyst – IT & Operations (D.C. Area)
Merrick is seeking an experienced Project Analyst with a technical background in IT with an emphasis on Biosafety and Biosecurity programs to create, edit, and manage technical project documentation related to Biosafety and Biosecurity and provide support on related technical IT issues in support of client projects. This position is assigned to the Washington, D. C. area and will be telework until such a time as there is a Merrick D.C. office.
The successful candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude who possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with project managers. Must be self-motivated, able to take initiative, work independently, and carry projects through to successful completion. Must also be reliable, detail-oriented, able to follow established formats and procedures, meet expectations for attendance and punctuality, and perform well under deadlines while working with multiple levels of internal staff and teaming partners. Successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while coordinating multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead creation and editing of cybersecurity and IT documentation, processes ,and procedures for multiple projects.
- Lead QA/QC reviews of project deliverables from a cybersecurity and biosecurity standpoint.
- Performs scientific technical writing and project management tasks at an intermediate level to expert level, requiring knowledge of technical writing procedures and production.
- Capable of working independently and takes initiative to complete assignments
- Become familiar and comply with Merrick’s project management and controls systems, procedures and reporting protocols, and report regularly to Merrick senior management on project performance.
- Communicate and coordinate with all project stakeholders as required for successful project execution.
- Maintain and develop positive client relationships.
- Be available to do travel including internationally for project work up to 50%.
- Have or be able to obtain security clearance for work with the US Federal Government.
- Apply analytical skills to project approaches, standards, and solutions, throughout project lifecycle
- Assist in management of multi-discipline facility design and related projects to be executed primarily out of the Washington, DC area, but also Merrick’s Denver and Kanata offices.
General Management skills and responsibilities may include:
- Flexibility and experience to receive and disposition a variety of technical and administrative inquiries, and complex editing tasks on a daily basis.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and business ethics required.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple technical editing projects.
- Bachelors of Arts / Science in a technical discipline (Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field) is required.
- Masters of Science in a life science or technical discipline (Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field) is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrable education/professional experience in biology, or life sciences, is required.
- Minimum of two (2)+ years of professional experience of performing technical documentation review in a life science company is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2)+ years of professional experience in genomics or bioinformatics is a plus.
- Keen attention to detail to ensure consistent graphic design, especially document layouts
- Complete proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Proficiency in developing graphics, with ability to use Visio, Adobe Illustrator, or similar is required.
- Two (2) years experience creating and editing cybersecurity or biosecurity white papers or technical reports is a plus.
- Client projects for this position require United States Citizenship
- Good working knowledge of the biosafety and biosecurity field, emerging technologies, government/academic/industrial programs.
- Past performance working in or for U.S. federal agencies (i.e., DoD, DHS, HHS) strongly preferred.
- Local candidates preferred. Relocation may be considered.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.