Senior Civil Project Engineer I - Water and Wastewater
Merrick & Company is seeking a Project Engineer / Civil Engineer III with experience in design and construction oversight of water and wastewater infrastructure to join our Water Group in our Denver and Greenwood Village, Colorado offices.
- Perform assignments in the analysis and design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, including advanced treatment/nutrient removal processes using BioWin process modeling software. Experienced also with water and sewer pipelines, pump stations and related infrastructure.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, cost estimates, studies, reports and work products.
- Position also involves providing construction support and oversight including administration, limited inspection, and start-up/operations support for treatment plants. Provide document review of designs by others for conformance of design standards and support to municipal water utility operations and maintenance teams.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited supervision.
- Must be capable of directing and managing a team of design engineers and/or technicians on water and wastewater projects.
- Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required.
- Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications.
- Additional duties may involve project management for projects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School. Master’s Degree with emphasis in treatment process preferred.
- Eight (8) – twelve (12) years of experience in the design and construction oversight of water and/or wastewater infrastructure facilities and projects.
- Experience working on Wastewater projects.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
o Water/Sanitary Sewer modeling
o BioWin Modeling
o Advanced treatment and nutrient removal process design
o GIS Systems and Programs
- Public works design experience with local, State and Federal governments is a plus.
- Local candidates preferred, but will relocate the right candidate.
- P.E. (Professional Engineer) State of Colorado
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.