Civil Water Engineer I
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Water Engineer I to join our Water Group in our Greenwood Village, CO office.
Position includes professional design work on civil engineering projects including water transmission, booster stations, and distribution systems, and sanitary sewer collection systems including lift stations,. Position also involves providing construction oversight including administration and limited inspection, document review of designs by others for conformance of design standards and support to Water and Sanitation, Metropolitan and Special District operations and maintenance. Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, and organizing CAD drawings while receiving instructions from supervisor.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with client, Local, State and Federal government contacts on District and municipal projects. Minimal travel required.
Some additional duties may involve project management for small to mid-size projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in water and/or wastewater related projects
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is desired
- Local candidates preferred/no relocation assistance provided
- Having certification as an EIT is a plus
- Experience in H2O soft, software is a plus
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The job requires walking, climbing ladders during field work
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.