Senior GIS Analyst / Developer
Merrick & Company is seeking a Senior GIS Analyst / Developer with at least six (6) years of experience to join our growing team at our client project office in Tucker, GA.
Serves as Mobile GIS expert and assist with Mobile GIS training, application set-up, and field assistance as needed.
Serves as project lead for “special projects” involving geometric/utility networks, ArcGIS Pro, Mobile GIS growth, and GIS integration with other system applications.
Serves as Senior GIS Analyst on transmission line routing project team to provide GIS support during the planning, design, and construction phases of transmission line and substation projects.
Employs GIS standards to maintain GIS database and project organization structures
- 6 years’ experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree OR Associates is required
- Prior experience with utilities is preferred
- GIS Certificate is preferred
- GISP a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of ESRI mobile applications (ArcCollector, Arc Explorer, Work Force) back-end and front-end
- Demonstrated ability to create custom ArcGIS tools and add-ins.
- General spatial web development skills and ability to integrate GIS based tools into web maps/applications.
- General knowledge and experience programming within the ArcGIS runtime SDK for .net, experience with ArcPro SDK and Geometric/Utility Network based apps a plus.
- Knowledge of shapefiles, geodatabases, SDE environments, SDE administration, and ArcGIS mobile solutions
- Knowledge of data projections and how to manipulate
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, etc.
- Demonstration of understanding of cartographic methods
- Attention to detail, organized, customer focused
- Able to work in a team and multitask
- Able to provide direction to Technician staff for cartographic support on projects
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
- Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
- Some field work will be required, accompany project teams to transmission line study areas and walking in proposed right-of-ways to collect GPS locations
Physical and Requirements
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Additionally, must be physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
- Additionally, the worker is subject to variable climate and environmental conditions including but not limited to extreme cold and heat as well extended periods of time in an office environment.
- Some travel will be required.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.