Assistant Project Manager
Merrick & Company is seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to join a team working on challenging, innovative projects within our High Performance Facilities (HPF) Business Unit in our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO location.
As an Assistant Project Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Assist in management of multi-discipline design team to execute national and international projects out of Merrick’s Colorado office.
- Assist in business development (BD) activities including presentations to potential clients, preparation of proposals and estimating work, attending conferences, and supporting proposal development efforts.
- Assist with business strategy efforts related to international and government (DoD, NASA) opportunities.
- Required to work in tandem with multiple project stakeholders and clients to integrate schedules, design deliverables, and package (scopes of) work.
- Become familiar and comply with Merrick’s project management systems, procedures and reporting protocols, and report regularly to Merrick senior management on project performance.
- Monitor scope, schedule, budget, deliverables and client expectations throughout initiation, execution, and closeout phases of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with all project and client stakeholders as required for successful project execution, involving multiple lines of effort over sustained periods of project period of performance.
- Maintain and develop positive client relationships.
- Be available to travel, including internationally for project and BD work.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the day-to-day work of project technical staff, consultants, contractors, and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Apply analytical skills to project approaches, standards, and solutions, throughout project lifecycle.
- Support QA/QC reviews of BD and project deliverables.
General Management skills and responsibilities may include:
- In all areas, demonstrate project management best practices
- Flexibility and experience to receive and disposition a variety of technical and administrative inquiries and issues on a daily basis.
- Ability to manage and report on multiple tasks and projects at various stages of completion and complexity.
- May be tasked to participate in a variety of professional and/or social societies or programs designed to elevate Merrick’s professional and community standing.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and business ethics required.
- Maintain high level of relationship and client satisfaction through strong communication, organizational, and coordination skills.
Duties may include:
- Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and profitability for projects, primary area of work is with military and government clients with construction budgets up to $50 million.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepares fee proposals for full-service design work.
- Once proposal is accepted, establishes documents and electronic media files for internal accounting and storage of technical data.
- Establishes project design budget and schedule.
- Meets with individual disciplines to ensure an understanding of the scope of work.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs and schedules are met.
- Prepares all external communication and invoices.
- Reviews design documents for conformance to company standards and compliance with client’s scope of work.
- Has a minimum of four (4) – eight (8) years of combined experience in designing and managing small to medium sized multi-discipline projects with a focus on profitability and client satisfaction.
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree from an A.B.E.T. accredited institution in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical engineering or a Masters of Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Professional licensure is strongly preferred.
- LEED Accreditation and PMP is preferred.
- Client projects for this position require United States Citizenship.
- Must had have or be able to obtain low-level security clearance for work with the US Federal Government.
- Knowledge in working with the US Air Force, Air Force Center Engineering Center, NAVFAC, US Army Corps of Engineers, NASA, and Installation level contracting organizations is strongly preferred.
- Position requires proficiency with designing Military and Government full-service projects.
- Must be proficient in managing clients, project management for A-E firms, managing to fee and demonstrating skills to lead multi-discipline teams.
- Must be experienced with design-build project delivery.
- Must have proficiency with MS Office and MS Project.
- Must have experience managing full-service design projects in Revit BIM across multiple offices.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to interface successfully with project teams, management, and clients.
- Local candidates preferred. Relocation will be considered.
- The job requires the ability to work for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.