GIS Analyst II
Merrick & Company is seeking a GIS Analyst II with at least four (4) years of experience to join our growing team at our client project office in Tucker, GA.
- Work independently and as part of a project team to provide GIS support of Electronic Maintenance by building and maintaining fiber SQL database
- Takes initiative to perform GIS data gathering, digitizing, conversion, and analysis of fiber data throughout Georgia
- Applies cartographic standards to prepare maps and exhibits using GIS datasets
- Employs GIS standards to maintain GIS database and project organization structures
- Four (4) – six (6) years experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
- Previous experience with GIS support of fiber and telecom
- Bachelors degree OR Associates is required
- GIS Certificate is preferred
- Knowledge of shapefiles, geodatabases, SDE environments, SDE administration, ArcGIS Online, ArcCollector and other mobile GIS applications
- Knowledge of data projections and how to manipulate
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, etc.
- Demonstration of understanding of cartographic methods
- Attention to detail, organized, customer focused
- Able to work in a team as well as self-start
- Ability to coordinate with field personnel for data collection with mobile GIS applications
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
- Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
- Some field work may be required, accompany project teams fiber line rights-of-way to collect GPS locations
- Prior experience with splice schematics and fiber as-built drawings a plus
Physical and Requirements
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Additionally, must be physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
- Additionally, the worker is subject to variable climate and environmental conditions including but not limited to extreme cold and heat as well extended periods of time in an office environment.
- Some travel will be required.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.