Sr. Structural Engineer – Facilities Design
Merrick is seeking an experienced Structural Facility Engineer to provide designs for Department of Defense and Department of Energy governmental Facilities for our new office in Merritt Island, FL.
This position will be responsible for supporting all structural design requirements for the Merritt Island office including the following duties:
- Coordinating all support activities required to complete all design efforts and quality assurance processes.
- Working with other disciplines to ensure accuracy of the package, meet schedule, and budget commitments.
- Providing Facility structural system design support for DoD and other governmental agencies.
- Understanding the importance of Business Development, project management for A-E firms, and managing budgets.
- Working in a design team environment, which includes directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Meeting with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
- Preparing fee proposals for design work.
- Ensuring internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Must have minimum fifteen (15) years of commercial facility design experience.
- Experience in designing DoD projects is preferred.
- Experience in working with US Army Corps of Engineers is preferred.
- Experience in working with Unified Facilities Criteria is preferred.
- Experience managing other structural engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- Design/build experience is a plus.
- Strong design experience in both AutoCAD and REVIT is a plus.
- Extensive experience with FEM software packages (e.g. RISA 3D, SAP2000, STAAD Pro) is required.
- Client projects require U.S. Citizenship.
- Degree Requirements:
- Bachelor of Sciences in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program.
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Professional engineer license is required.
- Ability to obtain a Florida PE (Structural) within 4 months.
- Local candidates preferred. / Relocation will be considered.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.