Project Manager – Water/Wastewater
Merrick & Company is seeking a Project Manager with water and wastewater experience in Texas to join our growing Infrastructure Market Segment. The position will be located in our San Antonio, TX location and will include some travel to other Merrick offices to support the growing practice. Our San Antonio group is currently performing work in the water and wastewater market for municipal water clients in the San Antonio region and is looking to expand our offering. This position will need an experienced project manager with a history of successfully wining and delivering projects.
- Must have demonstrated success in Marketing and Business Development professional engineering services in the San Antonio-Austin TX area.
- Must be capable of directing and managing a multi-discipline team of design engineers or technicians on water and wastewater projects.
- Will be expected to provide input to and participate in strategic planning for the team. Work closely with Business Unit management team to identify growth, project delivery, staffing and financial performance.
- Will be expected to adopt and apply all Merrick policies and procedures and to apply them on assignments
- Work closely with clients to effectively describe and deliver scope of work.
- Prepares and oversees fee proposals for water and wastewater design work.
- Must be capable of leading design teams and performing independent planning and design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing construction documents, and managing the successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with clients in the public and private water sector.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.Master’s degree preferred.
- Fifteen (15) plus years of experience in water and wastewater engineering in Texas strongly preferred
- Established track record of success in business development and client satisfaction
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated successful experience in Project Management of Municipal and Private Water projects
- Strong technical design experience in water and wastewater projects
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Required Certifications:
o P.E. (Professional Engineer) State of TX is required or able to secure within six months.
o Affiliations with NC AWWA-WEA & NC APWA is preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.