Civil Engineer - Entry level 0 to 4 years experience
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Engineer with up to four (4) years of experience in Land Development and AutoCAD Civil 3D skills to join our growing Land Development team in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. Some travel to client sites in NC/SC.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, preparing construction drawings, organizing reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables after receiving initial instructions from supervisor while receiving limited supervision.
- Must be capable of working within a team of Design Engineers and technicians on Land development and municipal projects.
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility.
- Position requires application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of tasks.
- Perform assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with clients, and Local, State, and Federal government agencies.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments of experienced level person.
- Coordinate with the work of others who assist in specific assignments.
- Interaction with clients and travel to client sites may be required.
- MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
- Fundamentals of Engineering / Engineer- in-Training (EIT) certification strongly preferred.
- Zero (0) – Four (4) years of experience in Land Development and/or Public Works; design engineering preferred.
- Previous Internship with Land Development design firm is strongly preferred
- Proficient using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect and be physically mobile in and around client construction sites.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.