AutoCAD Civil3D Designer
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Designer to support our Infrastructure Engineering Group in our Greenwood Village, Colorado area office.
Position includes professional design work, utilizing Auto CAD Civil 3D as a design lead for the design of commercial land developments, residential land developments, roadways, drainage systems, water systems, and wastewater systems for private and public (Local, State, Federal, Municipal) client sectors. The ideal candidate can perform non-routine assignments and must be capable of making sound drafting/design decisions, produces and develops CAD drawings, knowledgeable of project workflow, and exercises independent judgment while receiving instructions from managers. Drawing elements include site work, utilities, paving, grading, sections and details, and plan and profiles for land development, municipal, roadway, water, sewer and storm sewer systems.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with multiple project team members and must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Minimum of four (4) years of AutoCAD drafting & design experience.
- Proficient in developing drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Certification in AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
- Proficiency in MicroStation is a plus.
- Experience with land development projects.
- Experience with roadways, stormwater and/or drainage way projects is a plus.
- Associates Degree in Drafting, Graphic Design preferred or Technical College Certification or Equivalent Relevant Experience.
- Able to successfully work within a team environment.
- Local candidates preferred/no relocation assistance provided.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around site facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick and Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.