Sr. Electrical Equipment Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and relates fields
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features
- Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters
- Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments
- May serve as Discipline Representative
- Coordinates portions of overall assignments and review
- Analyzes and approves the work of others
- Conceptual and detailed design of low voltage power distribution, lighting, grounding, motor control systems, PLC/PAC, HMI’s process equipment and instrumentation
- Routinely interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others
- Leads project meetings and makes presentations
- Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments
- Working knowledge of NEC, ISA, IEEE Regulatory Codes
- Familiar with NQA-1 requirements
- Extensive knowledge of nuclear related design
- Subject matter expert
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering or Architectural-Engineering with Electrical Emphasis Engineering from an accredited program
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- PE License required
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.