Project Controls Engineer
Merrick & Company is looking for a Project Controls Engineer for the Greenwood Village, CO office to support the Infrastructure Engineering Business Unit.
Responsibilities will include controlling costs and subcontracts on the project. The Project Controls Engineer should have the ability to communicate and interact with the Project Team. This person must be able to work well independently and be self-motivated. In addition, this person should possess the ability to prioritize and organize multiple assignments.
The Project Controls Engineer should have the ability to do the following:
- Use system data to prepare monthly forecasts.
- Utilize the cost data to allow for the tracking and control of budgets, commitments, accruals, expenditures and contingency for the duration of the project.
- Identify project cost exposures and overrun risks in a timely manner to allow informed mitigation decisions and actions.
- Conduct a schedule risk assessment to identify potential impacts and develop a mitigation plan.
- Implement schedule change management process to approve changes to the previous schedules.
- Ensure that physical progress is being measured and reported in WBS detail, and that the integrated schedule is updated based on the progress.
- Provide Project Controls services on assigned Project Teams, monitoring of planning, scheduling, cost engineering and trend engineering.
- Services would include:
- preparing schedules and performance monitoring status and management reports which identify variances in work execution strategy,
- provide timely feedback and recommend solutions to management to improve or mitigate problems affecting cost, schedule or estimating issues throughout the life cycle of a project, program or other work activity.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Requirements – Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in the field of Project Controls (Planning & Scheduling/Cost Engineering) is preferred.
- Experience in the Engineering field is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge in cost and Earned Value Management (EVM) requirements
- Must have computer proficiency in basic project control software applications including Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Candidate must have strong problem solving, analysis and interpersonal skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.