Senior HVAC Design Engineer
Merrick is seeking an experienced Mechanical Facilities Engineer to provide HVAC and Plumbing design for Life Science and laboratory Facilities. Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship. This person can be located in Greenwood Village, CO; Decatur, GA; San Antonio, Texas or Albuquerque, NM.
- Specific experience in designing Life Science projects is preferred. Laboratory design, high containment facilities or hospital/clean room design also acceptable.
- Registered Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
- Position requires the ability to manage other engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- Must have minimum ten (12) years of experience in HVAC and plumbing design.
- Proficiency with MS Office and AutoCAD, and Revit Required.
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences from an ABET Accredited Program
- Mechanical /Architectural / Electrical engineering degree with experience in HVAC
- LEED Accredited Professional is preferred.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Must understand the importance of Business Development, project management for A-E firms, managing to fee and demonstrate skills in a multi-discipline teams.
- Will provide HVAC and Plumbing design for Life Science Facilities and laboratories.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required as well as take design direction from senior-level engineers.
- Design tasks will include Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Coordinate all support activities required to complete all design efforts and quality assurance processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure accuracy of the package, meet schedule, and budget commitments.
- Meet with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepare fee proposals for Mechanical Facilities design work.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters and scanners.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.