Project Manager – Nuclear Services & Technology
Merrick & Company's Nuclear Services & Technology team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government, nuclear research, nuclear medicine, and the commercial nuclear power industries. Merrick is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual to serve as a Project Manager to support our operations in Greenwood Village, CO.
Merrick's Greenwood Village office supports a wide range of clients and projects in the federal nuclear and commercial nuclear markets. Merrick has some very exciting projects including design of nuclear facilities, hot cells, gloveboxes, and specialty equipment for customers including the National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, and commercial medical isotope suppliers. We’ve been successful in winning some large, complex and exciting projects and need a strong project manager accustomed to a regulated work environment with discipline, ingenuity, motivation and skills to lead a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers. Merrick is seeking candidates who have technical and project management experience with design and construction of nuclear/hazardous facility systems, structures and components with an emphasis on confinement of radioactive and other hazardous materials.
This position will be in Greenwood Village, CO - a suburb of Denver. The Denver metropolitan area is a dynamic and growing community recently ranked as the #3 Best Places to Live by U.S. News.
This position will provide project and engineering management of a highly-qualified and experienced staff of multi-discipline engineers and designers. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as a point of contact with the customer, developing project plans, establishing project cost estimates and schedules.
- Working under a well-established ASME NQA-1 quality assurance program.
- Directing/supervising engineering leads.
- Managing project resources
- Executing projects per the project plans, managing change, and ensuring technical adequacy of the project deliverables.
- Marketing for new work, proposing on new efforts, and developing a network of clients.
- The technical focus of the applicant will be on design of non-reactor nuclear facilities and nuclear containment and shielding equipment including design of hot cells, gloveboxes, specialty mechanical handling equipment and supporting nuclear facility systems, structures and components.
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in the technical fields described.
- Background in nuclear facility design and engineering
- Experience with DOE or NNSA projects
- Experience with NRC licensing requirements desirable
- Experience with nuclear quality assurance standards
- Experience with supervising engineers and designers
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Scheduling Software (e.g. MS Office, Primavera)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering
- Certifications: Professional licensure is highly desired.
- Certifications – PMI Certificate preferred.
- Active Q-Clearance or ability to obtain Q-Clearance desirable
- Client projects for this position:
- Require sole U.S. Citizenship
- Prohibit Dual Citizenship
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.