Civil Project Engineer - Transportation
Merrick & Company is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer for our growing Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO office. The person would become a crucial part of a key Merrick growth initiative in Transportation and Public Works.
- Perform independent design tasks, prepare construction drawings, organize reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables after receiving initial instructions from supervisor while receiving limited supervision.
- Work within a team of Design Engineers and technicians on municipal, state and federal transportation and public works projects.
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of tasks.
- Perform assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments.
- Coordinate with the work of others who assist in specific assignments.
- Interact with clients and travel to job sites as may be required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited program.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Colorado or have the ability to obtain registration through reciprocity with another state within six months of employment.
- Have eight (8) or more years of relevant civil engineering in public works, transportation, or land development.
- Public works design experience with local, State and Federal governments is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated professional.
- Strong desires to grow personally as well as professionally in a team environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Proficient using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Bentley Microstation/Inroads V8i is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with clients and agency staffs.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect and be physically mobile in and around client construction sites.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners.
- Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.