Sr. Process & Piping Engineer I
We are building a large Process team for a new long term project and are seeking an experienced Senior Level Process Engineer. Positions for this project will be based in either our Los Alamos, NM, and Oak Ridge, TN offices.
There are multiple positions. Please apply only to the one position that is the best fit for your experience.
Process engineer to work primarily on cutting edge nuclear related projects. A successful candidate will be placed in a key engineering role, working within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and designers to execute design and engineering on various projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine appropriate designs.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of process design deliverables including:
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Detailed piping drawings, including plans, elevations, and isometrics
- Orifice, relief valve, and equipment sizing calculations
- Equipment and Instrument datasheets
- Evaluation of vendor submittals for selection of instrumentation and equipment.
- Reviews and checks the work of other process engineers to determine accuracy, completeness, and compliance with procedures.
- Coordination of design inputs and design activities with other engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to lead a team of Process Engineers, work as the Process Lead on large projects.
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a Q clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) / Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an Accredited Program;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in DOE nuclear projects is a plus.
- Experience Designing to ASME B31 piping codes including specifications, drawings, and calculations.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Professional Engineer license: New Mexico and South Carolina or ability to obtain reciprocity.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.