Corporate Recruiter – Temp
Merrick & Company is looking for a Corporate Recruiter for a six (6) month timeframe starting in the mid-July. This person will provide excellent professional support to our employees, supervisors and senior leaders, driving the organization's purpose, vision and values. This position is located in our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO office. We can support a flexible schedule from 30 – 40 hours per week between 7:30am – 5:30pm MT. Local candidates only.
We have a very fast paced, high functioning, multi-discipline Recruiting team who support offices in multiple states in the US and one office in Ontario, Canada.
This position is responsible for attracting, screening, interviewing, selecting and closing of candidates for a variety of positions throughout the US.
May conduct all aspects of the full life cycle recruiting for more junior or higher volume positions which includes but is not limited to:
- Communicate with employees, management, vendors, in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear straight-forward, and professional manner. Responsible for creating, editing, and posting new positions both internally and externally.
- Reviewing resumes utilizing strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be able to screen candidates, looking for best fit for our culture.
- Consulting with hiring managers, coordinating and schedule interviews, making recommendations, and keeping the connection between the candidate and hiring manager.
- Performing reference checks.
- Works closely with Sr. Recruiting Manager to create formal offer letters. Salary negotiations will be management responsibility.
- Works closely with Recruiting team to help manage current workload.
- Thorough understanding of the recruiting/selection process.
- Ability to work on a team and follow established processes.
- Ability to balance and complete several projects simultaneously in a demanding environment.
- Experience managing a high volume of online applications and updating candidate database.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, make sound decisions independently, and deal with ambiguity.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision and be able to meet critical deadlines.
- Possesses strong organizational skills, able to adapt to a dynamic environment, and able to take direction from management and team members.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- A minimum of four (4) years of Recruiting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of applicant tracking software (ATS), preferably iCIMS.
- Experience in a corporate environment as well as staffing vendor are preferred.
- Proficient experience with LinkedIn, and Indeed along with Social Media campaigns is preferred.
- Experience recruiting for firms that are governed by OFCCP compliance is preferred.
- Experience in the engineering /architecture industry a plus!
- Experience working with multiple branch offices is a plus.
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Due to the integrity required (perceived and actual) in any HR position, family members of Merrick employees will not be eligible for this position.
- Local candidates only.
Required Behavioral Skills
- Emotional Intelligence: Must handle pressures with grace, patience, empathy, practicality and adaptability.
- Communication skills: Must demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills and can confidently present in person, video conferencing, and on the telephone effectively with both large and small groups and with employees at all levels of the company.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize work assignments, operate under time and work volume pressure, and work with detail and statistics.
- Integrity: Must have high level of integrity and professional discretion in handling sensitive information and confidential situations, building trust and credibility.
- Organizational skills: Self-starter and self-disciplined to use time, energy, resources efficiently.
- Impartial and Objective: Excellent problem-solving skills based on facts versus emotions is a must and be able to apply them consistently in both positive and negative situations.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and scanners.
- The job does not support work from home.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, and 401(k).
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.