BIM / Revit Specialist
The BIM Application Specialist oversees the successful implementation of BIM, Technology and related processes and serve as an expert resource to project teams during all phases of the project. The BIM Application Specialist is involved in project pursuits and developing BIM strategies for proposals. They help lead the development of models and are involved in training efforts related to technology. The BIM Application Specialist ensures project success through monitoring the progress of BIM workflows, serving as the liaison between Merrick, the client, end user, and designers (architectural and engineering). The top priority of the BIM Application Specialist is ensuring that our team is meeting the client's needs and expectations for implementing BIM and technology.
- Implements new CAD/Revit standards that have been established by the Corporate BIM Manager; suggests and assist in developing standards when appropriate.
- Communicates with the Corporate BIM Manager on a variety of CAD/Revit related issues and standards.
- Develop and maintain Revit/CAD Metric templates and content.
- Assist project teams with advanced Revit modeling requirements, content creation, and coordination efforts
- Provide Revit/BIM quality control of all projects, including model maintenance, reviews and application of best practices
- Lead project BIM Kick-Off meetings (Create agendas and distribute to all project team members).
- Lead project BIM coordination meetings. Assist with project close-out tasks (archiving/standard details/project specific Revit content).
- Lead monthly Revit training sessions with staff
- Assist troubleshooting and resolving Revit/BIM application issues
- Review and implement new versions of BIM software and develop customized solutions as required in liaison with Corporate CAD/BIM Manager
- Lead the BIM process for assigned project(s).
- Adhering to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Following BIM content standards and development procedures.
- Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design.
- Contributing to evaluation of BIM software tools and operating system.
- Developing solutions for complex design problems in conjunction with project leaders.
- Coordinating multiple discipline models
- Work with project team to assess project requirements, unique challenges and team capabilities to determine appropriate BIM and technology to be utilized.
- Have a strong understanding of 3D authoring software, a general understanding of how to model Architectural, MEP, Structural and Construction components.
- Create project specific BIM Execution plans and lead the BIM implementation as defined by the plan.
- Manage project file sharing process.
- Run Clash Detection and hold design team accountable for model updates.
- Take and distribute project BIM Meeting minutes and reports.
- Proactively train project team personnel on skills and process required to carry out designated workflows and manage the tools and processes required to support them.
- Possess solid verbal communication skills for owner presentations necessary to clearly articulate our expertise in the execution of selected workflows.
- Assist in identifying new technologies and implementing adopted technologies such as drones, VR, AR etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a Building Information Modeling (BIM) platform for an A/E or Construction firm and extensive knowledge in Autodesk REVIT.
- CanBIM P1 Certification or greater
- Ability to perform A,M,E,P, and S system review, coordination and resolution (Clash Detection).
- Contractibility experience of “how a building comes together” and an understanding of how to model components of a structure from Underground Site Utilities, foundation systems through roof analysis.
- Experienced and familiar with team-based delivery, contracting and the design-build process.
- Demonstrates levels of proficiency or knowledge in the following software: Navisworks Manage, Revit, AutoCAD, 3Ds Max, Blue Beam, BIM 360 Glue and Field, other related software.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Must have passport and be able to travel.
- Must possess or be able to quickly obtain government of Canada security clearance.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent travel to client sites will be required (20-30% of the time). Must be mobile in and around ladders, heavy equipment, power distribution systems and switchyards.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and scanners. There will be occasional site visits to industrial, refining and utility power clients.
Position will require occasion trips to client sites, including large central power stations, renewable generation sites, advanced biotech and chemical plants, refineries and other industrial facilities. Candidate must be willing and able to take and comply with various safety requirements and work in noisy environments while executing their assigned tasks.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; RRSP, unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Merrick & Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.