Merrick is seeking a Civil Engineer with AutoCAD Civil 3D skills for our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), Colorado office.
The successful candidate may be required to interface with clients on land development and municipal projects. Some travel to client sites may be required.
- Entry-level professional work requiring judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives.
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility.
- Position requires application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of tasks.
- Appling the standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusting and correlating data, recognizing discrepancies in results and following operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
- Supervisor screens assignments and selects techniques and procedures to be used on non-routine work.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks and organizing drawings while receiving supervision.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments of experienced level person.
- Coordinate with the work of others who assist in specific assignments.
- MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
- 1 (one) - 3 (three) years of experience in land development and municipal projects.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Fundamentals of Engineering / Engineer- in-Training (EIT) certification is required
- Previous internships with a related industry are a plus.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, plotters, and scanners. Occasional visits to client sites will be required.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.