Senior Civil Water Engineer I - Surface Water/Urban Stormwater Engineering
Merrick & Company is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer I in our Surface Water/Urban Stormwater Engineering Infrastructure team. The position will be located in our Denver, CO location and will include some travel to other Merrick offices to support the growing practice.
- Perform assignments in the analysis and design of river, drainageway, and urban stormwater systems.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, cost estimates, studies, reports and work products.
- Perform design tasks, prepare bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, with supervision from project managers and senior staff.
- Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required.
- Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications.
- Additional duties may involve project management for projects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Field/construction activities may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 12 years plus experience in the design and construction oversight of surface water and urban stormwater systems, or in land development, or related field of civil engineering.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or GIS Systems preferred.
- Public works design experience with local, State and Federal governments preferred
- Land development experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Kayak and rafting experience preferred to support our specialized whitewater recreation team.
- Ability to produce well-coordinated civil design documents
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.