Civil Project Engineer – Land Development
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Project Engineer with experience in land development design to join our Infrastructure Engineering Group in our Denver, Colorado office.
- Perform assignments in the design of commercial, single family, multi-family and mixed use developments – including roadway, domestic water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer drainage system design.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited supervision.
- Provide input to and participate in strategic planning for the team and work closely with Business Unit management team to identify growth, project delivery, staffing and financial performance.
- Prepare complex studies, reports, plans, specifications, quantities and cost estimates for projects.
- Prepare scopes of work and man-hour estimates for projects and tasks.
- Must be capable of managing small to mid-size projects to be on budget and on schedule.
- Must be capable of directing, managing and mentoring a team of design engineers and/or technicians on projects.
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish and communicate with clients regarding project issues.
- Responsible for document preparation for regulatory agencies to obtain required permits.
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required.
- Must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the design of private land development projects.
- Required Certifications: P.E. (Professional Engineer) State of Colorado
- Must have demonstrated success in Business Development, Project Management and demonstrated skills in leading project teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Well-organized, detail oriented and self-motivated professional.
- Strong desires to grow personally as well as professionally in a team environment.
- Ability to lead creation of designs and drawings supporting our client’s overall project goals.
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners, and plotters.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.