Electrical I&C Equipment Engineer III
Merrick & Company is looking for an Electrical and Instrumentation and Controls Engineer for our Oakridge, TN project office. This position supports Nuclear Services and Technology (NST) projects related to Department of Energy (DOE) work. Other projects may include industrial power generation, particularly within generation facilities such as coal, combined cycle and simple cycle gas turbines, hydroelectric, wind and solar generation. This is a direct position with Merrick & Company. Client projects for this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The Engineer will design projects and may lead other Electrical and I&C Engineers and designers on project tasks. Work involves a variety of activities including conceptual and detailed design of electronic equipment and systems. Perform non-routine assignments with little or no direction.
- This engineering position will include the following key responsibilities:
- Leading the project electrical and instrumentation engineering team in a dynamic multi-discipline environment engineering state-of-the-art electrical distribution and control systems.
- Being primary interface with clients, project management, procurement professionals, and other engineering disciplines in matters dealing with project electrical and I&C systems.
- Developing electrical and instrumentation and controls basis of design and scope of work documents.
- Developing equipment specifications for electrical equipment, including power transformers, switchgear, MCC’s, motor specs, and other auxiliary electrical equipment.
- Developing specifications for I&C equipment including DCS, PLCs, Continuous Emission Monitoring System and instrument datasheets
- Develop electrical and I&C wiring drawings, cabinet layouts and network diagrams.
- Ensuring technical accuracy and conformance to project design criteria of engineered work products.
- Ensuring appropriate procedures, design guidelines, and design tools are utilized on projects.
- Travel to domestic client project sites to support projects and assist with marketing Merrick’s capabilities
- Eight (8) years progressive experience, minimum
- Nuclear related design (NQA-1, NRTL, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of electrical distribution systems at various voltages (120 VAC, 480VAC, 4160VAC, and 13KV)
- Experience with power analysis design software (ETAP, or SKM Power Tools)
- Piping & Instrumentation (P&ID) interpretation
- Capable with Instrumentation selection and datasheet preparation
- Proficient at Control System Design (PLC, DCS)
- Client projects for this position requires US Citizenship.
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- State of Tennessee PE (or ability to obtain one)
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.