Engineering Project Coordinator
Merrick is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to assist in administering projects, providing technical leadership, and to assist in general management for projects and staff in our Kanata, Ontario office. Under the guidance of senior engineers and architects, the person will interact with clients to determine and define project requirements, will model complex facilities and produce coplans, will provide cost estimates and software estimating tools, design details, and specifications, perform construction site inspections, and work with other design and construction professionals to deliver high integrity building solutions. The individual will be assigned various projects including direct support for the Laboratories Canada project which is underway with the PSPC.
- Ability to integrate various applied science practices into laboratory design.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Become familiar and comply with Merrick’s project management systems, procedures and reporting protocols, and report regularly to Merrick senior management on project performance.
- Communicate and coordinate with all project stakeholders as required for successful project execution.
- Maintain and develop positive client relationships.
- Travel may be required within Canada.
- Assist with technical leadership on projects (preferably in Mechanical disciplines).
- Work with Merrick Discipline Leaders and other senior technical staff to provide guidance on technical issues and assist in design efforts.
- Work with other LS- Life Sciences BU project managers and Merrick financial and technical staff to coordinate and execute work both within the business unit and support to other projects as required.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the day-to-day work of project technical staff and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Flexibility and experience to receive and disposition a variety of technical and administrative inquiries and issues daily.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and business ethics required.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidiscipline engineer/ designer/technical projects.
- The successful candidate will utilize strong English communication and interpersonal skills to interface successfully with clients.
- Demonstrated experience in managing highly technical projects (high containment lab work, complex HVAC and controls and or clean rooms, etc. projects are preferred)
- Construction administration and design build experience also preferred.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a Technical Management capacity
- Preference is given to candidates with a MBA or a PMP certification from recognized institutions
- Must be a Canadian Citizen (or capability to obtain, within 6 months)
- Candidate must hold their Professional Engineer (P. Eng) or OAA architect status in Ontario. (Registration in Ontario is required).
- Bachelor of Sciences degree or equivalent, from accredited University or Higher Education Institution
- Local candidates preferred, however relocation will be considered.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; RRSP, unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Merrick & Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.