Senior Laboratory Architect
Merrick & Company is seeking an experienced Laboratory Architect with strong skills in Containment Laboratory design. The position is could be located in near any of the Merrick U.S. or Canadian offices, or could also be remote (telecommute) with travel to client sites and Merrick offices.
The candidate shall have the following skills and experience:
- Candidate shall be experienced in all aspects of Laboratory design and general architectural practice including planning, programming, schematic design, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration.
- Candidate shall have a working knowledge of current building codes and contemporary methods of heavy commercial, institutional and industrial construction, with particular knowledge of laboratory design guidelines and standards. Knowledge of international laboratory design standards is required.
- Candidate shall have the ability to design complex laboratory and architectural facilities and have a working knowledge of engineering systems and their integration into these facilities.
- Candidate shall be knowledgeable in the capabilities of BIM software.
- Candidate shall have fifteen years or more of CL/BSL 3 and 4 containment laboratory design.
- Proficiency in use of Revit and AutoCAD is required
- Candidate shall have excellent verbal and writing skills and be able to interact effectively with clients and other employees and must have strong oral presentation skills.
- Candidate shall be capable of providing leadership to a support staff in production of architectural designs in multi-discipline work environment and must be capable of acting as Supervisory Architect to mentor and assist other staff in acquiring architectural registrations
- Candidate will be responsible for successful execution of projects, which may include profit and loss accountability, quality of work, meeting of schedules and management of project teams.
- Candidate must be able to travel and must possess a current passport. It is anticipated that this may include some international travel.
- Candidate will be expected to act in a Business Development capacity to promote Merrick and sell work through personal contacts, presenting at conferences and through other industry and other professional networks.
- Candidate must be able to accurately estimate effort required (hours) to complete tasks both for proposals and in the execution of project work.
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in complex architectural design of CL/BSL 3 and 4 containment laboratories.
- Registered Architect in a North American jurisdiction is required, license in the Province of Ontario preferred, ability to become licensed in Ontario in short order is required.
- Extensive experience with vivarium facilities is required.
- Proficiency in use of Revit and AutoCAD is required.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners, and plotters.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.